Landscape fabric is a weed barrier, but not all weed barriers are landscape fabric. Cheap, thin plastic barriers are far inferior to quality fabric underlayment and can tear very easily. It never pays to use the cheap stuff because you’ll most likely need to replace it sooner or later. By contrast, quality landscape fabric is long-lasting and is resistant to sun damage and tears. Some products are guaranteed for up to 20 years.
For laying under rock, gravel, and mulch we recommend a 4.1 ounce fabric. It is a two layer fabric, the top a woven polypropylene with a woven felt layer on the bottom side.
Our 4.1 oz weed matting fabric is a heavy-duty, toxic-free, woven polypropylene fabric used to control weeds by inhibiting their exposure to sunlight. It is a UV-resistance landscape fabric that is normally placed around desirable plants, covering areas where other growth such as harmful weeds or is unwanted.
- Gravel, river rocks, mulch, gardens, RV pads and walkways.
- Puncture and tear resistant material that can handle machine and pedestrian traffic.
- UV resistant – helps
- Water and air permeable
- More environmentally friendly than using toxic chemical for weed control.
- Under non-extreme use, can be used to 20 years.
- Stops decorative rocks and mulch from sifting into sand and soil over time.
- Lines every 12” for easy installation and cutting.
How its sold:
- Sold in 3 ft, 4 ft, 6ft wide x 250 ft rolls
- Sold cut to size by the linear foot
Woven polypropylene needle-punched fabric with reinforced layer of felt fiber for extra grip and protection.
How to install video: